You Make It All Possible!
Contact Sue Digre, Parent, Teacher & Parca Director of Family Support Services
- Special Needs Answers
- Special Needs Project
- Support for Families of Children with Disabilities
- Parents Helping Parents
- Network of Care
- Disability Scoop
- California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC)
- California Dept of Education - Transition to Adult Living Information & Resource Guide
- Achieving Independence for Persons with Disabilities
- Community Care Licensing
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities (SCDD)
- San Mateo County Commission on Disabilities
- Social Security Administration
- Functional Behavioral Assessments: What, Why, When, Where, and Who?
- Department of Developmental Services Appeals, Complaints & Comments
- Ready.gov - How to Make a Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs
- Taft College, Center for Independent Living
- National Down syndrome Society
- Down syndrome Brochure
- National Down syndrome Congress
- Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- Global Prenatal Testing Pamphlet
- Clinical Report - Health Supervision for Children with Down syndrome
- Bridge School
- California Department of Education - Special Education
- The Difference Between IEPs and 504 Plans
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Special Needs Education Resources
- Special Education Law Resources for Educators
- Special Education Rights And Responsibilities
- Cerebral Palsy Legal Guide
- Cerebral Palsy Guidance
- Cerebral Palsy Group
- Choices for Learning – Educational Information 504, IEP etc.
- Educational Information, 504, IEP, etc.
- Career Resources for Americans with Disabilities
- Sutter Pacific Epilepsy Program
- iphone & itouch Apps for Special Education
Parents of children with a disability are eligible to receive one complimentary copy of "A Composite of Laws , 31st Edition" from the California Department of Education. To order the publication, call 1-800-995-4099, Monday through Friday, or download the order form (MS Word Doc) here:
Disability Rights California
Autism Resource Site Links
Sites dedicated to treating and curing Autism
Information and support group about the gluten-free/casein free diet and autism
The GFCF Diet Autism Diet Resource
Local and nonlocal yahoo groups that provide a lot of parent to parent information and tips.
Some are public and you can join by simply adding it to your yahoo groups, some are private which means you have to be approved by the moderator to participate.
Research and news about treatments for Autism
- UC Davis MIND Institute www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/mindinstitute
- UC Santa Barbara Koegel Autism Center www.education.ucsb.edu/autism
- Coalition for SafeMinds www.safeminds.org
- Interactive Autism Network www.ianproject.org
Other Research Links
Contact HIP Housing at 650-348-6660 to schedule an appointment to discuss home sharing opportunities or other available affordable housing.
Apply now for Brand New Affordable Housing - City of San Mateo
- Suicide Prevention & Crisis Center of San Mateo County: (650) 692-6655
Habla Español? Este grupo de apoyo mutuo es para cualquier persona que ha perdido a un ser querido (aunque ya haya pasado algun tiempo). Las reuniones son cada dos miércoles de 6:45 a 8/8:15 p.m. en San Mateo. Abierto al público. Llámenos al (650) 685-2840 y deje su nombre y su teléfono para recibir una llamada confirmando los detalles de la clase.